U S Optics

buck40

I am looking for opinions on the U S Optics SN-6 or ST-10 models. I am wanting to find a scope in the range of 10X to 14X either fixed or in a variable with 1MOA click adjustments to use in a police sniper / counter sniper configuration. What do those of you who have been around recomend.

Thank You
Buck Peddicord

LevelHead

I don't own one (yet) but have done a lot of research and probably will this year.

They are considered to be THE best scope bar none. Do yourself a favor - spend the $10 and get their catalog. It's not a glossy work of art, but the information inside is well worth the $10.

You will never look back from a USO is what I've heard. LEy make Leupold Mark IVs look like BSAs.

Charmedlyfe

I like US Optics stuff. You WILL like them. That said, 1moa adjustments are more for a military LR application. Not good for a 'tactical' application. You'd be better served by 1/4moa adjustments if you plan to shoot accurately at <500 yards. The big thing about USO scopes is that they will build to order. Of course, you DO pay through the nose, but you can get every option you want without the ones you don't.

Given the cost of scopes today, I might suggest that you also consider the Nightforce NXS. Much tougher and nicer than the Leupolds, and some of the best optics in the business. Also, cheaper than the US Optics. Lots of reticle choices. Adjustments are VERY positive, and the illuminated reticle is addictive.

oneminute

Ditto on the 1/4 moa adjustments. If you are looking for an LE application the SN-3 MKII 1.8-10X has been a popular choice.
I am currently using a Swarovski 4-12X. Nice piece of glass but I am saving for the USO.

M700

Excellent quality scopes - Yes

Very, very expensive - Yes

Customer service on par with HK - Also, Yes