typical weights of shotgun wads?

idek

I'm playing around with a recoil calculator just for fun, but I don't know the weight of typical wads are for various gauges. Can anyone help me out with this? I'm wondering about these gauges and lengths:

.410 - 2.5" and 3"
20 gauge - 2.75" and 3"
12 gauge - 2.75" and 3"

rg1

Just for your curiosity I weighed a few samples:
20 ga.
Remington SP 20---24.2 grains average
Winchester WAA 20---30.1
Winchester WAA 20F1---25.1
12 ga.
Winchester WAA12R---29.5
Remington RXP12---38.8
Remington R12H----34.7
Remington SP12----32
Remington RP12----30.1
Don't load .410. The same wads are used in 2 3/4 and 3" shotshells. Unlike reloading for rifle-pistol, you use the exact primer, wad, powder, hulls, and charge listed in a published manual. You use the exact recommended components and do not switch one thing in the load listed. Don't think the weight of a wad will effect your ballistic charts much? Hope this helps.

Big Yac

honestly, you dont need the weight of the wad to calculate recoil. You need the weight of the gun in pounds, velocity of the load in fps, amount of shot (weight in grains), and the charge of powder in grains.

BigD_in_FL

Actually, it is the mass of the payload (ejecta) which does include the wad; however, it is very minute. I have always just plugged in 25 grains to get close enough

Lowest recoil comes from using the heaviest gun with the lightest and slowest load

idek

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I figured that when the shot weighs a few hundred grains or better, that the exact weight of the wads probably didn't matter much. I was just looking for a good ballpark number I could put into the equation.