Tyler T-grips

bamaranger

Quite some time back we discussed T-grips and the general consensus at the time was that delivery was slow, comms were poor and the overall impression was customers were disatisfied with their dealings with the outfit. The conversation went along the lines that the business had been clobbered by a tornado and had not recovered.....well.

So......has anybody had recent dealings with Tomahawk Grips, the monicker that the T-grip company is now listing. I'd like to buy one for my early Hwy. Patrolman. I am aware of the "other" copetitor adapter company and their offerings.

armoredman

I finally offered way too much money on another forum to get a set for my little snub. I had no interest in dealing with Tyler directly. I hope the new company does better.

L-2

I have no plans, either, to even try for a Tyler T-Grip and I'll just keep using good old Pachmayr (now owned by Lyman) instead of taking a chance with Tyler (or if it's now called "Tomahawk") with my time & money.

I was hoping the thread was going to report the Tyler company has finally joined the 21st century with a website, quick order fulfillment, and communication, or merely opened an Amazon or Ebay storefront.

Otherwise, my old-style wood grips go into a drawer or safe where they become lost to me somewhere in my house and unused.

ZEBRARANGER

Quite some time back we discussed T-grips and the general consensus at the time was that delivery was slow, comms were poor and the overall impression was customers were disatisfied with their dealings with the outfit. The conversation went along the lines that the business had been clobbered by a tornado and had not recovered.....well.

So......has anybody had recent dealings with Tomahawk Grips, the monicker that the T-grip company is now listing. I'd like to buy one for my early Hwy. Patrolman. I am aware of the "other" copetitor adapter company and their offerings.
Thats seems to be the way it has been during their entire history. It was always something. You might be better off doing what I did. When I went looking for mine for a 2-3/4" Security Six about 15 years ago, if not longer, I found an original Melvin Tyler made one with the box on Ebay.

By that time they had such a bad reputation that I wasnt about to be another one of those victims that never received their order. It was pretty common back then, and for most of their history to that point. Not only that, but you couldn't call them.

You also had to pre-pay by mailing in a check or money order to their PO Box. If you never got your order, there was nothing you could do. Anyway, once I found mine on Ebay, I've been happy with it ever since.

Pumpkin

Same here, I found two, new in the box on eBay for my M66 and 686 Smiths. Prices were reasonable and the adapters are beautiful.
Nice Ruger bud.

Last edited:

CajunBass

I last ordered a T-grip from Tyler's about twenty years ago. It took so long to get it that I had literally forgotten/just given up on ever seeing it. I think it was about 8 months. Heck, by then I'd sold the gun I ordered it for.

But I did get it.

Since then, when I've needed/wanted something like it, I order from BK grips. Longest wait was 3-4 days. Sometimes quicker.

Hellcat1

I've actually been trying to find a T-Grip for my brand new 2 1/2" Colt Python, without much luck, and noticed this on T-Grip's website:

"UPDATED: Thursday, 08-17-2023

Coming soon: Updated Website with on-line ordering and credit card processing."

So maybe there's hope?

Frank

bamaranger

not promising

None of this sounds promising. I prowl E-bay as well for a T-grip to fit an N-frame, but that size seems the most elusive. I keep hoping to stumble into an old shop that has a box of them. Their competitor only offers two sizes as best I know, and claim their larger offering will work on N -frame.

But an original Tyler would suit my vintage revolver and tastes, better.

105kw

I recently found Tyler tgrips on Gunbroker.
They were at Robertson Trading Post. This morning, they show K/L frame, and J frame size.
I purchased from them, and got very good sevice.

FITASC

Have a ink? I went there and didn't see anything in this regard and I could use one for my 19 snub.
Thanks!

Drm50

I’ve got a few Tyler Ts for K & N frame S&Ws. Also have the black plastic ones on some pre war HEs. I like them got small hand and long fingers. For one handed shooting I prefer the grip fillers, I don’t need the girth of Target grips.
I wheel and deal/ collect S&Ws. I ain’t paying crazy money for them. I don’t know why that with todays tech somebody can’t run them at a profit even with low sales volume.