Tyler T Grips- S&W 21-4

I'd like some feedback on you T Grip users out there. I bought one for my S&W 21-4 and am getting mixed results. Because I love the stag grips, compliments of Mr. Grashorn, I've forced myself to get used to the T Grip, but when shooting the moderate recoil "Skeeter Load" I have noticed just a bit of play in it. This is an unfortunate side-effect when preparing for the follow-up, and happens regardless of how tightly the grips are secured.
Any thoughts, similar experiences, or remedies?

Hanshi

This is one on my old S&W M18. I like the way it fits and the way it makes the revolver feel in my hand. I haven't noticed any looseness in it.

old bear

Two thoughts, remove the grips and bend the tabs so they wrap around the inside portion of the grip frame. Buy a BK grip adapter, they have two attachment tabs and secure well.

CajunBass

I used to have a 21-4 that I had a BK adapter on. Never had a problem with the adapter getting loose, but I mostly shot "cowboy" type loads in it.

Another thing I tried and really liked was a set of Hogues. Sure they don't look as nice, but for shooting they and Pachmayr's can't be beat. If the look bothers you, you can always take 'em off after shooting and put the fancy go to town dress back on.

My 23-4 wears Pachmayr's today. It looks like "serious business" to me. :D

joed

I'm not a fan of the T grips for the reason you mentioned, to me they just don't seem solid.

I prefer S&W grips and Hogue grips. Never had a set of pachyderms but I have nothing against them.

My model 29 MG has a set of S&W presentation grips that I really like.

Terminatorret

Through the years, I've put Tyler T-Grips on my two S&W Model 36's and on my three Ruger Sixes. I think they're a superior product if you want to enhance the grip and control over the original factory grips without adding bulk to the revolver. Easy to install/uninstall and the price is very easy on the pocketbook.

RickB

I had a T-grip on my Thunder Ranch 22, but just didn't like it and bought a set of Eagle Heritage coke-bottles.
I still have adaptors, one T-grip one Pachmayr, on other guns, but wasn't happy with it on the 22.

ZEBRARANGER

I put one on the Security Six a few years back. The factory grip was way too skinny at the neck, it was too difficult to get a good grip without the T grip filling in that space.

Terminatorret

Here's several of my T-Grips. I appreciate...prefer...factory grips. Beauty with functional enhancements.

Attachments

• P5240167.JPG
    P5240167.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 22