Two New 9mm's

Gunslinger

About three weeks ago someone here started a topic about a new firearm company just getting started in Montana called http://www.talonindustries.com and suggested we all try to buy one to help get them started.
Well, I ordered a pair of them and picked them day 'fore yesterday.
They are cheap little guns at $110 bucks a pop (dealer) for the 9mm and $95 for the .380 version. Both calibers are on the same frame and very compact. (You can visit the site for complete specs.)
Fit and finish on this pair is excellent with polymer lowers and the blackened stainless uppers.
The trigger and magazine release are plastic and feel cheap. The mag. release feels positive but the trigger does have a plastic feel to it. The guide rod is also constructed of plastic.....a concern.
Over all they have a good "heft" to them and do not feel bad in the hand. They balance fairly well and seem to point all right.
I'm going to spend some time putting some rounds through them today and will report back in range reports after doing some test firing. If they function well they look to be a good glovebox/tacklebox/throw around gun.

Gusgus

Slinger,
My Taurus PT-92 has a plastic guide rod, and I've put a whole lot of rounds through it without any problems. These little pistols sound interesting. I'll be looking forward to reading your range report.

BigMike

Gunslinger,
I saw the website. I'm all for supporting a new company like them. I wanna hear more about how the pistol endures some testing, especially the 9mm. They look a little like the old Grendel P-11. Let us know how they do.

Happy Turkey Day,

Mike

USP45usp

Not to take the credit but I was the one who mentioned it (jeez, people often forget about me.. :D). Where did you order them from? Direct? Here the .380 is going for $179 and they didn't have a 9mm in stock. I emailed the company to find out if a .40 is in the "works" since that is the caliber that I really want.. but when I go back to Idaho in a couple of months I want to pick up one of their 9mm's. Give it a run through, very interested in how they perform. I hope that they engineered it right so not to go down the same path as Raven and Bryco. Of course, we could look at this like the first toyotas and nissans. When they first came out, they were POS's.. but now they are expensive as heck (but better). I just figured that since they were so inexpensive, the richer TFL'ers could buy one just to help the company (An American Company) get a foothold. Heck, I have guns that I don't fire very much due to the lack of craftsmenship but I have them cause the "elites" told me I shouldn't have them.

USP45usp