TWO for the good guys, Upstate NY

dfaugh

Two home intruders shot and killed; police say cases not related
Rochester police are continuing to investigate two home invasion resulting in the death of two individuals. The first scenario happened around 8:30 p.m. Monday on the city`s northeast side, and the second happened on the city`s east side around 2:00 a.m. Tuesday.

Around 8:30 Monday night on Ravine Avenue, Rochester police say a man armed with a revolver man broke into a home. The man, who police have not identified, wrestled the gun from the intruder and killed him.

The other home invasion took place on North Street near Clifford Avenue. Rochester police say the homeowner, an elderly man, woke up to find an intruder inside his home around 2:00 a.m. Tuesday. The homeowner, Alfred Thompson, tells NEWS 10NBC he fired twice hoping to scare the intruder away not realizing until later he hit the man once in the chest. “I see this silhouette still banging on the big glass windowpane and that's all I did is boom, boom, I took two shots and let it go at that,” said Thompson.

Police say the intruder collapsed on the porch while trying to get away. Thompson says the gun was taken as evidence, but he has others. He is a part of a local pistol club and legally registers his guns.

Police are not releasing the victim's names. Officers say the incidents are not related. The district attorney will continue to investigate both cases, but right now, police are calling the shootings justified.

Sorry, don't know how to post a link

C.R.Sam

Not much to go on but...
So far;
#1 sounds like a real clean "never quit" situation.
#2 could get iffy if it does not get no billed.

Sam

Leatherneck

Concur with sam's opinion. But this:
Police are not releasing the victim's names.
makes me so mad I could spit! When, oh When will the media learn that burglars--armed or not--who get shot are NOT "victims"? They're burglars, or perps, or BGs or worse. GRRRR.:mad:
TC

Dave P

"He is a part of a local pistol club and legally registers his guns."

That's a good thing, cause if he il-legally registered them he would be a criminal for sure!

I also wonder what part of the club is he? :confused: