Two Firsts

taylorce1

I did one thing that I thought I would never do, and another that I've been wanting to do. The first thing I did was purchase a Win Model 70 XTR Sporter, I've been wanting a model 70 for a couple of years now. I'm still kicking myself in the but for not buying a Classic Featherweight in 7-08 I found for $400 back before the plant closed. Now if I can find one less than $1000 I'm doing good.

The second thing I did and thought I'd never do was buy this rifle in 7mm Remington Mag. This is my first magnum center fire ever. I've just never need the extra power of a magnum rifle unless you want to include my two .22 WMR rifles. I got this rifle for a total cost of $385 dollars, the rifle has seen its share of use but is a solid one.

I know I can find one of the new WSM or WSSM for under %500 still at some Wal-Marts but I can't bring myself to buy one. I just don't care for the looks of the synthetic stocks that Winchester put on them. I would have preferred this rifle to be a CRF or CPRF rifle but at the prices a regular old wood stocked Win is going for these days I can't complain.

Newest member of the Win M70 Magnum cl