two Colt's Too GooD To Be true?

I went to a gun shop about 40 miles from here in a small town. They had two Colts build on the .41 frame(closest one I can ID is they both looked like the New Navy Model of 1889 or 1892. One was a 41 long Colt. The cylinder stop allowed a little slop when moving cylinder back and forth. It was all there and may have been reblued. Wanted 189.00 for it. 2ed gun was also a Colt very simulare to the first one but left grip had a large chip missing, in 38 Special again wanted a 199.00 this time and looked OK and nothing missing excet the grip. I was wondering if that is too cheap because he had a rebuilt Russian Nagant with holster plus reloading dies plus over a 1000 rounds of 7.62 nagant ammo.

I have not bought either yet, but was sure tempted.

IS THIS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? Is ther other Colts of lesser value built on the 41 Colt frames? THEY both were real Colts not the Spanish copies.

Sir William

I don't think you would be upside down even if the Colts were reblued. Grips are all over the place, buy, sell, trade and evil bay. I would myself go get those Colts. They aren't making any more. I see Nagants in less than stellar condition with holsters for $30.00 NOT $300.00. Unless it is a Tula rebuild as a Target model. They still don't command that amount of money.

omegapd

I see Nagants in less than stellar condition with holsters for $30.00 NOT $300.00

Yeah but apparently this is coming with a thousand rounds of ammo. Factory ammo for that stuff is normally around 30 bucks a box. Walter, was it reloaded ammo or factory stuff? Real Nagent ammo or .32 acp? If you didn't know, they made cylinders that could convert the original ammo to it.

I've always wanted one of those guns but the price of ammo has always sent me in another direction. I would definitely consider it in your case, though, especially if I could barter with the guy a little.

Colts

I had two problems.
1st my wife was with me and 2ed I just bought 2 H&Rs less than 3 months ago, so I did not have the money. The Nagant ammo, I assume was reloads because he was selling the reload dies with it. If I had the money, I would have bought both Colts. I think they belong to the on site gun smith, because the person who help me, notioned back to the open door where the gun smith work area was and said "their his".