Two '51s, not quite Wild Bill Hickok

44 Dave

DSCN5501.JPG

DSCN5504.JPG
Not quite a pair but close, my brand new London Navy and my constant companion old Pietta Navy
The Uberti London has fit and finish to brag about, but I conceal carry my old Pietta most all Winter under a coat.

44 Dave

I have 2 1860s 38 serial numbers apart, bought 40 years apart, like them two but the Navy fits my hand perfect.

Beagle333

It does appear that there is a definite loyalty to either the Navy grip or the 1860 grips. I don't often read about shooters who like both equally. Fortunately for all.... they usually swap out with a minimum of fuss and machining and so each can usually trade their grips and related parts with a fan of the other. :)

ZVP

Dave, was there any friction about choosing a BP Revolver for CC?
I would expect a few snickers from a few Board members...
In my personal opnion, I love Navys but don't trust caps not to fall off.
Hey ya GOTTA try a Piettia Police!!!
short barrel, '61 barrel contour. full sized 6 shot cylinder, and great balance and handling!
I bought one on a whim and fell in love!
I carry my '51 in a Cabelas Hickock Holster worn cross-draw and the Piettia Police strong side in a shortened Cabelas Western holster. Not CC but a real well balanced rig, right hand dominant, just the guns holsters and Belt. Light set-up.
I don't doubt a .36 Navy with a 22 gr Propellant charge and round balls. Good enough for Hickock, right?
Next best, I like the 5 1/2" Remington .44 loaded with 35 gr of propellant and round balls for faster reloads.
Oooooh I also have a Uberti London. The slickest reveolve I ever owned!