Turner Slings

TX Hunter

Last night unfortunately my 1907 Sling that I have on my 1903 A3 Broke.
It was very dry rotted, and when I saddle Soaped it, then Oiled it came apart.
I ordered a replacement sling from a company named Turner.
Does anyone have experience with these slings, and are they like the original that I had?

p99guy

Turner slings are absolute top quality....you will see as many Turners at the Camp Perry matches as you will the total of all other brands. They are a 3 man shop however and there is often a wait to get thier slings..I myself are on the third week of wait for a WW2 model 1907 in brown. They are serious shooting slings. I have one of thier all weather boithane 1907 slings on my
Winchester 70 Heavy Varmint, that variant is a favorite of police agencies on precision rifles.
The sling I'm waiting on is going on a 03A3 Smith Corona I recently purchased.

p99guy

Turns out though, in the long run...saddle soap and neetsfoot oil kills old leather. I use Pecard's leather care , as does the Smithstonian Istitute, and the U.S. Army museum system.

TX Hunter

p99

Thanks that makes me feel alot better, i hate that i ruined the old sling. The new one will be nice though. I ordered over the phone and the lady i talked to had a good sense of humor. I chose their slings because they were American made.

Chris_B

El Paso saddlery is tops too, by all accounts. Turners are about as good as you can get. Near as I can tell, there's a guy named Les Tam in HI, There's El Paso, and there's Turner, and if you want a top quality M1907, you pick one of the three

p99guy

Sleep well, you chose wisely :) they also sell spare keepers if you wear them out...the thread and stitching are military grade as well. They are ment to be used...you will pull your sling swivel off the rifle before you would hurt a Turner. yes, do try one of the biothanes some day. That lady you talk to is
wonderful to talk with.

TX Hunter

Thanks Pp99 Guy

I am very ancious for it to get here, but i will be very patient.
The Lady was funny, I asked her if the slings were made out of thick leather,
She giggled and said, not much thicker than the other knock offs. and I asked if they were made in America, and she put on her best Southern accent, and sayd, Sure are, Right Here in Alley Bamma.
Good people to do buisness with.
I will probably order another of these soon, to put on a Yugo Mauser, I know it wouldnt be period correct, but I think it would look Cool.
Good Night.

Mike40-11

Turner's are good slings, but there's one more that I prefer. John Weller. His slings are absolutely top of the line. They are very heavy and take some conditioning and breaking in. I can't imagine wearing one out.

The presentation rifles at Perry wear Weller slings.

Yung.gunr

Do a YouTube search about them. I just watched a pretty cool video with a guy showing the proper way to use it to help with your shooting (if you didn't already know how).

It's by blackfork6 if that helps you find the video.

TX Hunter

Thanks Chris

That was quite a treat, and still to this day, very fine instruction.
Even now, a Rifleman can learn, and improve his marksmanship with this.
I hope that marksmanship, never becomes a lost art.
Semper Fi.

TX Hunter

I got mine yesterday and it is a thing of beauty when i get a chance i will post a picture. i have mine pulled up in a parade sling and it looks awesome.