Turkish SDS Imports 1911...Rust issues?

FunGramps

As a cheap import 1911, I've read good things about the models from Turkey, that they are well-made and will eat about everything without a hitch. But I did see one video where a guy showed that his army model was delivered new with rust inside the guide rod and spring. All other reviews seem great, and don't mention the rust.
Does anyone own one of these, and did you have rust issues or heard of that from others?
I'm not that keen on imports, although I SHOULD have bought a truckload of East German Makarovs instead of just one when they were $150.00 out of Shotgun magazine around 1990! That pistol was one of the best running, most accurate out of the box fixed sight semi auto's I've owned.
Thanks!:)

jar

I've purchased three Tisas 1911s and I'm pretty sure what that person saw was cosmoline from shipping. No signs of rust on any of mine including the one I let my brother-in-law shoot.

He says he won't give the Tisas back.

Tiribulus

I can only say that I just got an A1 and it is immaculate.
1-jpg.1150504

2-jpg.1150503

CajunBass

I've got two of them, and have never seen anything that even makes me think there might be rust on them. Now, I'll admit that I haven't had them long, but they sure didn't have any rust when I got them.

None on my Girsan MC P35 either. I've had that one for several months now.

DubC-Hicks

I bought one of the US Army models when they first were released, and it was excellent. Ended up selling it, stupidly. Then I bought another, along with a railed B45, earlier this year. They're also excellent and my favorite sub-$800 1911s.

FunGramps

Who knows, maybe the guy didn't know what he was looking at, got one stored and shipped incorrectly, or badmouthing the competition?

Sweet looking guns. Thanks for the info! Very tempting since none of you have seen an issue. I can still get one for less than $350 including shipping.

One more thing. I hear that the officer size model has black creacote, and the army has a parkerized finish. Is that the case?

Thanks again, all!

jar

Who knows, maybe the guy didn't know what he was looking at, got one stored and shipped incorrectly, or badmouthing the competition?

Sweet looking guns. Thanks for the info! Very tempting since none of you have seen an issue. I can still get one for less than $350 including shipping.

One more thing. I hear that the officer size model has black creacote, and the army has a parkerized finish. Is that the case?

Thanks again, all!
TTBOMK all of the finishes are Ceracote. Really really well done Ceracote.

Pahoo

Yes, but no issues

Does anyone own one of these, and did you have rust issues or heard of that from others?
Yes, as I worked on one but it was not really an issue. Not very scientific but I classify stages of "rust". What I observed was very light and easily wiped off. ;)

Be Safe !!!