Turk Actions

wildcat

I was happy to learn that the Turk actions that you wrote about are large ring with small ring threads.My friendly local dealer just ordered 4 of them for me . I have a new 6.5x55 sweede barrel I think if I set it back a little that I can rechamber it for 6.5x257 roberts (maybe improved).What do you think ?

------------------
Fear a government that fears your guns

[This message has been edited by wildcat (edited January 08, 2000).]

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
Wildcat, I didn't do the math to figure out how much you'll need to face off the chamber but I would think probably .300"-.500" to get down a hair lower than the correct diameter for the 6.5x.257. But, yes I think this would be a good use of one of your actions. Since reloading is a given anyway I'd go with the improved version. George

Tom D

George,

Do you have any tips or tricks for getting smooth feeding of improved rounds in the Mauser actions?

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
Tom, directly in front of the mag box is the feed ramp. A little polishing on the ramp will give you the results you want. Paint the ramp with Dykem Blue and run a few dummy rounds through the action. The shiny spots are where you need to polish. Go slow and test often as you go. George