Tucker Texas Heritage review

jar

I was lucky enough to win a new holster in a contest and it arrived Thursday. Although the original was for a 1911, I had asked if they could do something for an S&W M-19. For those of you that aren't familiar with S&W revolvers, the M-19 is a mid sized K framed 357 magnum. It's one of my very favorite pistols but it's not the easiest to conceal.

Tucker Gunleather is located in Houston, TX and they make a full line of Custom Holsters with a large number of options that you can add to really make it yours. Holsters can be lined or unlined, with or without a sweatband and with several decorative finishes.

The one that I got was the Texas Heritage Model, an IWB. It is smooth side out on the front and rough side out on the rear for increased retention. It's a tuckable model so that you can just tuck a shirt in around the butt of the gun. The belt clips (2) are plastic and spaced far apart and not on top of the gun as on so many others.

Here is the front view
standard.jpg

and rear,
standard.jpg

and the pistol itself.
standard.jpg

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

First, I real like the belt support. The plastic clips are very easy to use and yet they really seem to hold it in securely. Because they are so far apart, the whole rig blends in better. There is no sudden hump that screams, "Handgun". The tuckable space is over two inches so that worked really well. And as designed, the 19 sits with a decided forward cant that makes drawing easier.

The bad part is that it doesn't stay open and so one handed reholsters are near impossible. But I don't quite know how you'd be able to reholster a tuckable one handed anyway and it's easy to open a small starting spot with the hand that's holding your shirt up.

I wish that it had double rows of stitching and a slightly rolled lip at the top. That is just a personal preference and so it is not really a fault.

Summary

I'm pretty impressed by this holster. I wore it for about eight hours yesterday and frankly, until I sat down in the car, forgot that it was there. One word of warning. While it's pretty easy to unholster while sitting, getting the Grip of the M-19 out of my ribs was a whole different thing. I discovered that one of the undocumented enhancements to a high FBI cant is that it positions the pistol perfectly to stab you in the ribs when getting into a car. Suggestion. Unholster BEFORE sitting down in a sports car. ;) :) :p :D