Trying to Decide on Which MK II to Get

JBP

I'm looking to pick up a MK II and am trying to decide on which model to get. I'm considering the MK-678 Target and the P-512 Bull. Any thoughts as far as accuracy and reliability would be appreciated.

GlockBill

I have a 6 7/8" Target model that I like very much, however IMO the 5 1/2" Bull has a better balance to it. I personally prefer the looks of a round bull barrel over the slabsided target model as well.

Shake

I like the five and a half inch barrel. It balances well, has a pretty good sight radius, and mine has been 100% reliable and very accurate.

Also, it is nice to pack when in the hills.

Shake

FScott

I also have the 512 5.5" bull barrel. It is well balanced and has been quite reliable. Every range visit, I start and finish with the 512, by far the most rounds through it of any pistol I own (can you say really inexpensive?).

I like the balance better than the target model or the 22/45 with 5.5" bull barrel.

harbinger

I have the KMK-678 competition model and am quite happy with it. Wasn't happy with the trigger pull when I got it, though. Felt like it was at 4+ lbs. WAY too heavy for any serious target shooting. I ordered a Volquartsen target sear and target trigger right away. With help from my Dad, and a few Black Russians, we were able to get that trigger pull to just a shade over 2 lbs. Bought a nice Ultra-Dot scope to slap on top, and I am now the proud owner of a sexy lookin' Han Solo target pistol. Had to get more serious about lifting weights, though. Damn gun's too heavy to lift. ;)

22Shooter

I own both the 6 7/8" flat sided barrel competetion model, and the KMK-512. I've stopped counting the rounds put through the latter. The difference in balance between the two is splitting hairs to me. The longer barrel on the competition model is compensated somewhat by the lighter flat sided barrel, and gives a longer sight radius. Nonetheless, I admit to having ever so slight a preference for the KMK-512. Neither will dissappoint you.

Pilot

I've got the KMK-512 and after adding the Volquartsen trigger parts, its been great. The stock trigger is a little stiff for target work, but its still a good plinker. You can't go wrong with the Ruger, MK II. I have three of them. The little 22/45 with the 4 inch barrel is a blast to shoot and a lot lighter for field work.

Lance

Go Stainless

I have the kmk-678 and like it, it is heavy, go with the stainless finish on any model you choose, you won't be sorry.
The kmk-678 is the only one that comes drilled and tapped with a scope rail out of the box.
My wife has the 22/45 P-4, and its a dandy! :D