Trust

hknut

What is the easiest way to set up a legal trust? I was told that Legal Zoom was really good. Anybody have any dealings with them?

Doc Intrepid

There is a substantial difference between a Will and a Living Trust.

Depending on now complex your circumstances are, and/or how large your estate is, you might be well advised to consult with a Lawyer who works in Estate Law and creates trusts. Living trusts can be fairly complex documents.

FWIW.

Skans

If you are going to go the trust route you really should consider using a lawyer, especially one with some experience doing trusts intended to hold NFA items to bypass the CLEO sighnoff.

There are lots of things you can screw up trying to do your own trust. I got a look at one that someone used to purchase silencers - he had a lawer draw it up for him, and he said it worked just fine.

timpierce

Quicken Willmaker has provisions to create a living trust, which is what I did. My stamp was approved with the document I created with the software.

mrnkc130

I actually just filled out my trust tonight, I had some help from someone that has done on before...but really it is not that difficult. I am horrible at filling out paperwork, it's my curse. After I had it explained to me how to fill it out I went thru and double checked everything, if you use quicken willmaker it basically takes you thru it step by step. The main thing that was explained to me is just dont make it to complicated. Have a dedicated trust for your NFA stuff, dont put cars and sorts of other things on it. I'll be mailing mine off this week with a supressor and an SBR on it and I'm confident there will be no problems.

Quicken will maker is about $35-$45 bucks, I think walmarts have them, if not you can easily find them on amazon.

hknut

A class 3/SOT dealer has sent in MANY of these forms. He said it was easy and he would do alot of it and flag where I needed to fill in. I just wanted to find out if there and easier ways. In my case its a 2 hour drive each way to fill out the paper work.