TruGlo tritium sights

Geezerbiker

I see these on fleabay for 50 bucks and I'm thinking they seem to be too good to be true. Anybody here have any experience with them?

Tony

PSP

If they are recent production that is a great deal. If they are older then they will not be as bright nor last as long. Tritium has a half life of 12 years so sights older than that are much dimmer than new. See if there's a date in the description or in the photo(s).

MisterCrabby

Hi Geezer, I put the tfx pro on my XDE based on a recommendation from a friend. Very good. Makes a big difference in low light not just total dark. I paid about 120. I would be suspicious about paying so little as what you noted from eBay.

Geezerbiker

Thanks guys. I once again failed to realize Amazon carries gun stuff... I'd think I have a better chance of getting quality parts from Amazon than fleabay...

Tony

Ibmikey

I have their fiber optic sights on my Shield and just love em’, I do not do much wandering at night anymore so the trinium feature is not missed.

AK103K

Ive been using them for a couple of decades now, and never had any complaints.

Early on, they always seemed brighter (I think their vials were a little bigger than the early Trijicon), and they had a white ring around the vial, where the Trijicons were just the aluminum ring of the vial. Some of thats changed over the years with the Trijicons though. The Mepros have always been cheaper.

It my understanding Meprolight makes the "factory" Glock night sights, but I cant prove it. Ive had guns with both, and they look to be the same, other than the Glock sights had "Glock" on them.

claydoctor

I can also recommend the TFX version, which combines tritium with fibreoptic. I have them on my 9mm Shield. Best of both worlds.