TRT Alert: WA

pax

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>CALLING ALL FREEDOM FIGHTERS!!!

THIS IS A CALL TO ACTION!!

Date: October 25, 2000
Time: 5:30pm
Location: Town Hall in Seattle. 1119 8th Avenue. Parking will be available.

On Wednesday, October 25th at 6PM, Washington CeaseFire is hosting a fundraiser in Seattle. The Guest of Honor will be
Mike Barnes, President of Handgun Control, Inc.

It's a golden opportunity for WSTRT. The Tyranny Response Team will protest outside of Town Hall in Seattle starting at 5:30pm. Please, arrive early.

Once inside, the "gun controllers" will be gloating about their victories and their plans for Washington State. They are preparing to launch a full scale assault on our Right to keep and bear Arms.

The "gun control" agenda for our State?

They want to;
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
* Put YOU in federal prison if your gun is stolen and used in a crime, suicide or accidental shooting.

* Ban Handguns

* Register All Firearms

* License Firearm Owners</UL>

If Gary Locke is reelected, as it seems certain he will, and the democrats take the legislature (which seems likely), this
agenda will become LAW.

UNLESS YOU AND I AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO READS THIS GET UP OFF OUR DEAD A**ES AND STAND UP FOR OUR RIGHTS!

Voting for "gun friendly" politicians isn't enough.

Our mission states; "We exist to organize and take part in protests and counter-protests wherever and whenever statist politicians and organizations spread their venom."

This is why we exist!

You have a full week to prepare. Making your protest signs is a great family activity and an excellent civics lesson for the kids. Get them involved, and bring the whole family to the protest.

Some sign suggestions:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
* Guns Save Lives
* Armed Women - Polite Men
* "Gun Control" Is People Control
* "Gun Control" Is Racist
* Registration - Confiscation - Genocide
* Self Defense Is A Human Right
* You Can't License My Rights
</UL>
Or come up with one of your own.

We are counting on you. We can put protesters on the street, we can make a difference, but only if we are committed to our cause.

See you there!

In Liberty,
Bob Anderson, WSTRT

[/quote]

I'll be there with my kids and hope to meet some like minded folks.

pax

"God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." -- Daniel Webster

ruger45

As always thanks for the post PAX.

I once saw the bumper sticker
'My gun preserves your freedom'
could also be your life.
And then theirs that t-shirt cant remember by who -a gun in hand is better than a cop on the phone.
Could be shortened to--- gun in hand
better than cop on phone.

Im really curious why do you like the name
PAX when that is also the name of very agressive anti-gun organization?

------------------
"those who sacrifice
liberty for security deserve neither"

Hal

Ruger45,
It's all in how you view something. Another Pax is also a very pro RKBA spokesperson.

[This message has been edited by RAE (edited October 19, 2000).]

FPrice

Pax,

Good luck with this. I'll be with you in spirit if not in body. I still plan on retiring out there so I hope that you can galvanize the other firearms-owners to defeat this proposal.

When I finally get out there I promise to help all I can.

Frosty

pax

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Im really curious why do you like the name PAX when that is also the name of very agressive anti-gun organization?[/quote]

Ruger45,

Thanks for the encouraging word.

Pax is the Latin word for 'peace.' Without strength, without armed citizens ready to do violence on its behalf, there is no peace in any country. Also, it's kind of a play on words: pax packs.

When I chose the nick, I'd never even heard of the organization PAX. Once I did hear, I decided not to change: why let them co-opt a perfectly good word?

That's why.

pax

"Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas." -- H. L. Mencken