Troy Battlemags falling apart

veprdude

I bought some Troy Battlemags for SHTF awhile back. Brand new never used. Gave some to a friend and he's telling me that the base plates are falling apart. Sure enough I took another one out and the tabs that hold the base plate in just crumbled. I contacted Troy tonight and we'll see what they say.

Anyone else have this problem?

troy%20%28edited-Pixlr%29.jpg

MarkCO

Some of the flimsiest mags on the market. We have about 10 from prize tables and won't use them for anything but practice.

smee78

That's a shame, this is always something I'm concerned with when it comes to plastic magazines. Please let us know the outcome?

Polinese

They gave us almost 100 of these for use as duty mags. We had nothing but problems with the base plates and the feed lips widening to the point rounds were just popping out if you looked at em. We've since trashed every single one.

veprdude

I've been a pmag fan for years, but am slowly retiring them and replacing them with Okay and D&H mags.
I liked the idea of PMAGs until I kept one loaded for about 3 years and took it to the range. It was causing a lot of feeding issues. The feed lips had spread. Everyone ditched the aluminum USGI mags in favor of "superior" magazines that won't dent, that can be run over by a truck, etc.

I'm back on the USGI aluminum mag train.

MarkCO

If you use the clips on the top of the PMags, the lips won't spread. But yes, they do eventually wear out, so do aluminum mags.

Want to leave them loaded in the gun, Lancers or the Stainless Steel.

Polinese

I switched over to using the C products Steel magazines and haven't looked back. I gather there was a bit of a checkered past with em but I've had nothing but 100% reliabilty with the ones I've bought which is probably around 15 mags now.

stagpanther

If you use the clips on the top of the PMags, the lips won't spread. But yes, they do eventually wear out, so do aluminum mags.

Want to leave them loaded in the gun, Lancers or the Stainless Steel.
+1 ^^^^^this. I like PRI's too.

veprdude

So I'm getting the runaround a little. I sent pictures of the crumbling base plates on Thursday and haven't heard back. They claim lifetime warranty. Let's see...

buddyd157

every place i do business with also has delays in getting back to me, many of these people are also working from home. i am awaiting on a warranty piece from Canik, and i had contacted customer service.

i did get a response at a later time.

i also am waiting on a part that i ordered and it took some time to process the part, which was IN stock.

there should not be any such waiting times, but this virus BS is indeed causing a lot of grief to everyone.

bfoosh006

What is the production date stamped on the mag ?

I've got some as well... bah humbug... now I know why they were cheap.

kymasabe

FYI, I took Polinese advice, tried a C Products Defense mag, build quality looks decent, fits better than my D&H mags, works great. Between those and my Okay mags, may not go back to poly mags.