Trouble Getting a Uberti New Army

mg66

There must be a world wide shortage of Uberti New Army's.

My wife ordered me a Uberti blued 1858 on Feb 3rd for a Valentines Day gift (certainly beats some chocolates :) ) On the 14th no gun so the gun shop called Benelli USA and they told him it will be 30-45 days. After 45 days I go back and still no gun, so he rang Benelli USA again and was once again told there is a backlog and it should be 30-45 days.

I can only assume there is a resurgence in c&b and there is a world wide shortage. I still find a 90 day backlog incredible :confused:

Steve499

Pretty cool valentines day gift. You are going to have to buy her diamond something or others now, though.

Based solely on the posts on these forums, it does seem there are a lot of folks who are getting into percussion revolvers for the first time. If the demand is high enough for a 30-45 day wait, I'd expect to see the prices start going up.

Gee, nightmare scenario-- a black powder revolver SHORTAGE!

Steve

mec

could call Dixie gunworks they can tell you right away if its in stock.

Midway has five 1860 armys (colt type) Ubertis in stock:
http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.ex...+Begin+Search.x=14&Click+to+Begin+Search.y=10

and apparently a good supply and variety of 1858 remington ubertis:

http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.ex...+Begin+Search.x=15&Click+to+Begin+Search.y=14

I've had perfect luck dealing with midway and have never had them deceive me about in-stock items. Shipping is next day and arrives fast.

mg66

Thanks for the info. I get all my reloading supplies from Midway and they do have excellent customer service and if I order by 4pm it is delivered to my doorstep next day.

mg66

Well, my Uberti New Army finally arrived 2 or 3 weeks ago and got the chance to shoot it last Sunday. I found the quality of the gun to be superb. And I got to admit its the most fun I have had shooting in years :D

I now call it social shooting ... plenty of time to sit and chat with others shooters during the afternoon.

sundance44s

AW it`s much more than social .. it`s a brotherhood .. and (sisterhood) can`t leave the ladys out , my wiffie is a shooter too .. nothin like the talk at the dinner table after a days shooting the remmies .. the kids are grown and left the nest ... now all we have is the remmies .. so we don`t have any real problems now ... just haveing a ball in Mississippi .. :D