Trijicon Reflex + Magnifier?

thesheepdog

Has anyone tried this with success?

I purchased two of these optics and want one of them to have a flip-over magnifier.

cannonfire

I was looking at the trijicon reflex also... What's the difference between a reflex and a standard red dot sight?

gunmoney

I have with an Eotech but never with a Trijicon. I like it but it takes up space and adds weight (that is relative though).

I was looking at the trijicon reflex also... What's the difference between a reflex and a standard red dot sight?

Same concept; the major difference is how the dot is generated. A typical red dot uses a reflected LED. A holographic sight uses a laser to draw a holograph. The Reflex uses tritium and fiber optics to generate the light used for the reticle.

In the Reflex this means you usually need the lens to be heavily tinted or have a polarizing filter because the reticle tends not to be very bright. And since the brightness is controlled by how much ambient light the reticle can pick up, it can wash out against brightly lit backgrounds. The concept works well in etched reticle optics like the ACOG; but not so much in red dots.

Trijicon has since tried to improve on the problems in the Reflex by offering the Tripower (a more traditional Aimpoint looking body) which has a battery backup in addition to tritium and fiber optics. Their latest effort is the SRS - which does away with the tritium and fiber optics entirely and uses a mini-solar panel to recharge the batteries.

thesheepdog

I was shopping for a red dot (aimpoint to be precise), but found a steal on two reflex sights.
I am a huge fan of trijicon and have always wanted one of their reflex sights.

So, who can help me with a magnifier setup?

Ridge_Runner_5

I would imagine it can be done, assuming you can find a mount that puts the magnifier at the same height as your optic. It will take up an awful lot of rail space, though.

That said, Trijicon makes fantastic stuff.