Triggers and rings for a Steyr SSG

P-35

First, are the double triggers worth the added cost and complexity and is the length of the trigger pull greater? (I've never shot set triggers before)

Second, are the Steyr QD rings the only ones that will fit on this receiver? I don't care for QD rings and want something more solid.

rhetor

P-35,

As I've posted elsewhere, I have the double trigger setup on my SSG, and I really like them. That said I'm not sure what you mean by "length of the trigger pull." If you mean how far is the reach to the front trigger, then yes the length of the pull is longer, although I don't find the extra distance a hinderance. If you mean how much pressure must be exerted to fire the weapon, then the trigger pull is not greater, it is something on the order of 2 oz. after being set. Not setting the forward trigger results in the front trigger working like a typical two-stage military trigger with about a 3 lb pull after taking up the slack.

On the ring issue, I think it is possible, but not easy, to modify non-Steyr rings; I believe I read elsewhere on TFL that someone else had modified Leupold rings to work. I must say that I have the Steyr QD rings and it's hard to imagine any other ring that would be "more solid", especially one that had to be modified to even work with the rifle.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck with your SSG

P-35

Actually, I did mean the length of reach to the face of the trigger and thanks for your informative reply.