Trigger Question

rev579

I am looking at tweaking my 03-A3, specifically the trigger. So much has been said about the Timney, and while there are a handful of others out there, I was looking for some feedback from you guys here.
Thanks in advance.

603Country

I bought and installed a Timney trigger on my Ruger Hawkeye, and it was pretty easy and the instructions were easy to understand (and the internet had good info also). I don't know if that means it'll be that easy for you to install it on an 03.

Scorch

Timneys are easy to install and work pretty well. They are hard to beat for the money. They come with good instructions.

rev579

I guess what I am trying to get a grip on is where is the sweet spot between cost and function? Also, I have bedded my current action, will this be a problem? I don't think it should.

603Country

You might have to remove a small amount of wood from the stock. I've got my Ruger in an aftermarket stock with aluminum bedding and I had to file away a small amount of metal to give clearance to the new trigger. Wood will be much easier to remove.

oneoldsap

So you aren't talking tweak you're talking raplacement , there's a difference ! Tweaking a two stage trigger is a whole lot harder !

rev579

Oneoldsap, I can't make a valid or effective case against your point. I am sure there's a difference b/t tweaking a two stage trigger and switching one out.
Just because I have tools doesn't make me a smith, but I am willing to learn. Hopefully it will happen without messing anything up alomg the way.

rev579

The timney trigger...

What are the pro's & con's of the Featherweight, featherweight deluxe, or sportsman? What do you understand the practical difference to be?
Again, thank you.

Scorch

The way I understand it:
Sportsman- trigger weight 2-4 lbs, no safety
Featherweight- trigger weight 1.5-4 lbs, no safety
Featherweight deluxe- trigger weight 1.5-3 lbs, side safety

So, in essence, it boils down to how much adjustability you want, and whether or not you want a side safety.