Trigger for BCP Grey Ghost?

jearne

I am in between 4 lbs and 3.5 lbs for BCP Grey Ghost. I have yet to inform Dane on which that I want and I would like a little help deciding. Since I have never pulled a 4 lb or 3.5 lb trigger I am not sure how big of a difference there will between the 2. The only triggers I have felt are the Kimber Super Match and the Kimber Pro CDP and I have felt a Wilson CQB.
I have heard that if a good smith does your trigger it will feel a little heavier than what it really is. Is this true?
A lot of custom guns that I have read about have had the 4 lb trigger, is this the better way to go? Or is this purely personal preference? I plan to speak with Dane about this to see what he thinks. I am leaning towards the 3.5lb!
All input will be greatly appreciated!

HowardK

Jearne,

Actually it's the opposite. A good trigger job will make the trigger feel lighter not heavier than it really is. It all depends on what you want the gun for. Some people say that a carry gun should be about 4 lbs. In any case, you probably won't feel that much difference between 3.5 and 4 lbs. As the parts wear in, triggers will sometimes lighten over time.

CastleBravo

It is pretty much personal preference. I like a 4.5lb trigger better myself, that's what I had Dane do for my Delta Elite. Either way, Dane will give you a hell of a good product. If you need a point of comparison, the standard Wilson Combat trigger setup is 3.5 lbs.