Trigger creep-Enfield Jungle Carbine

News Shooter

I'm not a gunsmith. Is this a big deal to fix? Should I take it to a gunsmith?
The creep is almost a half inch. It's pretty disconcerting actually.
Thanks in advance

cntryboy1289

info for you

What you have is a 2 stage trigger which is going to have the creep that you are talking about. Once you get the take up out, it should be breaking very cleanly at a much lower poundage.

You can take out the first stage of the trigger by grinding off first hump and reshaping the second hump, but at times it won't help make the trigger any better and once the hump is gone, it's kind of hard to put it back. You can change it out to a single stage trigger and should be happy with it. Check into a Bold trigger or Timney Trigger if this is something you want to try.

James K

Member In Memoriam
If you are used to the crisp triggers of commercial sporting rifles, the long, two-stage pull of a military rifle is disconcerting. The Lee trigger has a bit longer pull than most, but is not really bad as far as military triggers go.

You might try some oil or light grease on the trigger surfaces. I wouldn't grind anything down or cut anything off unless or until you know exactly what you are doing. After 100 rounds or so, you won't notice that creep any more.

Jim

Tikirocker

Yup, classic two stage Lee Enfield trigger ... you get used to it and most people that do end up liking it better than anything else.