Trigger Creep--Common? Get it fixed?

Bacchus

I'd like some information about trigger creep and how easy it is for a gunsmith to fix.

Have a Ruger P-94 that has SIGNIFICANT trigger creep. I have been told that many of the P-series Rugers have trigger creep and to live with it or sell it at a show. If it makes any difference, I can shoot fairly well with it, but I attribute that mostly to practice.

I'd like to hear additional opinions--

Is trigger creep common in the p series rugers?
Is it worth fixing? Expected cost?

Thanks in advance.

B Shipley

Taking my guns to the so-called gunsmiths that are nearby usually results in a bigger problem, rather than a fix.

You could see if you can polish (not grind or stone) the parts (sear, etc.) with a dremel, felt tip, and jeweler's rouge. Might also do the same to the feed ramp while you're at it.

Walt Sherrill

With the older P-series guns, several gunsmiths I've used have said there's not much to work with. They can lighten the triggers, and make them a little more crisp, but they're never going to be great.

That has been my experience with a few Ruger Ps, too -- although one 'smith did a nice trigger job on a P-95 I had. He thought the result sucked, but he did improve it.

I think whoever said, "live with it or sell it" or words to that effect was giving pretty good advice. The P-94 is built like a tank, reliable as hell, and will feed and fire damned near anything, but don't expect a great trigger.

Live with it or sell it. Personally, I'd sell it. (And get the new P-97, which has a better trigger, is more accurate, and is smaller, and lighter, too.)