Trigger/action advice needed

jmstr

Baby Eagle/Witness trigger advice needed

I am trying to double check my thinking before I take on my next gunsmithing project, so I need some advice. I am going to take my Baby Eagle apart to remove the trigger plunger assembly to polish it, clean the hole out, and smoothen up it's compression, as this is the last part to be making my trigger pull rough. All of the other trigger surfaces have been polished to a mirror brightness, but the trigger plunger is very gritty when depressed, and [as all Baby Eagle and Witness owners who have really checked their actions out know] the plunger adds this feeling to the trigger every time the trigger is pulled.

My question for any of you Witness or Baby Eagle owner is [or CZ, but I don't think they have a trigger plunger]: When I punch out the trigger pin, the hammer pin and the sear assembly pin [yes, AFTER removing the hammer strut] will the sear assembly remain an assembly that I can just drop back in, or does it fragment into all of its many parts? I only want to get at the trigger plunger and remove it, but I think I have to remove the entire 'guts' of the pistol to do so. Am I right? please let me know, and let me know any secrets you have found out as well. Thanks!
jason