Tried some different 9x19 glock fodder today

Dingoboyx

I went to a local range today and tried a few different ammo types in my Glock 34 today (Storm Lake Barrel). One I tried was that Serbian "Highland" 124gr LRN stuff,... it shot quite nicely, very good accuracy.... a little smokey, not bad, but noticable.

I also tried Federal (red box) FMJ which was nice and accurate too, no smoke to speak of :D +1

Then I tried som good old Rusky ammo called 'WOLF' The cases are aluminium (I think, well gray anyway) it has burden primers, so is throwaway brass..... er, I mean, case. Anyway, the ammo was as accurate as the others, but when you fire, you can see a bright yellow/orange muzzle flash??? I mean, you are looking thru FLAME as you shoot :eek: Seems very potent too, plenty of punch, thats for sure.

The people at the range (staff) said they dont carry WOLF, because it is corrosive :barf: Has anyone else tried WOLF, or Highland ammo? Is Highland also corrosive? Have you heard anything good/bad about these brands of ammo?

Philo_Beddoe

Multiply registered, multiply banned troll.
Wolf is steel cased not aluminum.

It also makes the same flash in my G17, I dont think it hurts anything.

Wolf is also not corrosive, just dirty.

I have shot wolf ammo for over 10 years now, and while not super accurate it works in all my guns and is cheap.

Dingoboyx

Thank Philo

I found it accurate enough, I was just amazed how much grunt it had, and how pronounced the muzzle flash was.... It was kinda like a B grade movie effect :cool::D

The staff at the range said it was corrosive, but I just read a box, it says "non corrosive burden primer".... maybe the powder is corrosive? Anyway, my barrel is stainless, I cleaned it well, still looks like new, but I will be keeping an eye (or 3) on it :D

I shot 4 ammo's today, Wolf 115gr FMJ (I just read the box), Federal 124gr FMJ (US eagles), white box Winchester 147gr FMJ (I just read that box too) and Highland HX 124gr LRN.... they were all very accurate.... I cant believe just how accurate they were, actually. Maybe I just had 'a good day' or my Glock 34 is just a darn accurate gun? (the indoor range was a bit dimly lit, I have to get some sights I can see better) I could hardly see the sights on my Ruger Vaquaro :eek: