Traveling today - need response now!

Doug444

Sorry for the short notice, but I've got to travel to a funeral (father- in-law) today, and I need a quick response.

I've got a Utah CCW, and the funeral is in Pensacola, FL. Timing and flight scheduling dictate that I fly to New Orleans and rent a car to drive to Pensacola. My Utah CCW is recognized in Alabama and FL, but not Louisiana. Unfortunately I can't find my copy of the Travelers Guide to Firearms Laws, so I can't check on Lousiana's handgun possession laws. I'm assuming I can travel to New Orleans (check the handgun - no issues there), and don't carry ;) until I hit Alabama. I know there are folks from Louisiana on this forum - can you folks help me? I'd prefer NOT to be unarmed on the drive from NO to Pensacola at 11pm-2am, if you know what I mean.

Thanks. I'll check back ASAP.

Doug444

ctdonath

I STRONGLY suggest you call the airline(s) and ask about travelling with handguns BEFORE you show up at the ticket counter. Don't surprise 'em.

I didn't, and a transit cop spent an hour on the phone with FBI & BATF, and ultimately said (exact quote) "we are the law at this airport, and you are not travelling with that weapon" despite having absolutely NO legal reason to deny me passage. (Had to hustle it into the car & get back to the terminal just barely in time for takeoff.)

Doug444

Already checked packing.org - no good info on "traveling through" type stuff. I already know they don't honor my Utah CCW. Thanks, though.

Doug444