transporting through OH and WV?

Jermtheory

sorry,if this should be in L&P.

ive ran a few Googles looking for info on this and still havent come across what im looking for.

i'll be traveling through OH and WV in a few days and im trying to figure out if there are any obscure laws i need to worry about with taking a few of my firearms along.

VA has reciprocity with both states so i should be good on my carry pistol(?).im more concerned about my AR and a few others pistols that will be in the trunk.do these need to be taken apart?...unloaded?

i'd hate to get in trouble for some silly law on how im carrying firearms in my trunk and be completely legal with one i my hip...but it wouldnt surprise me.

if someone could even just point me in the right direction where to look for any info on this it would be much appreciated.

HOGGHEAD

Concerned

You are right to be concerned. I was arrested one time when I was transporting handguns from KY to IN. I was arrested on the IN side of the Ohio river bridge. The worst part was that I was transporting the new Sig's to a local dealer who ordered them for the Evansville Police Department. I was thankful the gun dealer was an Ex-Police Chief, or I could have been in a lot of trouble.

I live in WV, and I do not believe you will have any problems here. But I would definitely find out about OH. Contact the NRA. I am sure you are a member. And I believe they have a service which can give you the information you need. Tom.