Training material: AR15

FS2K

Hey Kris

All you need is an allen wrench that comes with the switch (most times). Take only a few seconds to install.

No books nessesary. Just push out the stock swich, push in the new one and screw on the right side lever section.

It's one of the most simple changes you can make on your own with little or no experience.

You don't need any special instructions. Take off the grip is all, with a long allen wrench.

I think it's a 3/16 IIRC...

USMCG_HMX1

So I don't have to worry about it meshing with anything, I just push the current one out and pop the new one in?

There isn't anything holding it in place that I'll end up damaging when I remove the one already there?

(Just making sure....)

Kris

VUPDblue

When you remove the grip, there will be a small spring and a VERY small detent that holds the safety in any given position. Be sure not to lose either of these, as it could ruin your day.

USMCG_HMX1

Woot !!!

I get the ambi safety selector on Thursday, and this weekend I'm taking it out for a weekend of shooting with some friends.

Thanks for the help gents. I'll let you know how it goes after I'm back in town.

Kris

USMCG_HMX1

Gents,

Thanks for the info on the install.

I ordered the one from CTD and got it last night, and I couldn't wait to try it out. The fit and finish leaves something to be desired and I needed to use a bit of emery cloth on it to remove some of the finish as it was incredibly tight fitting when I first tried to install it. Once I smoothed up the finish on the ambi-safety it slid right in with no problems.

Rocky, you were spot on with the size being a 3/16" hex head. Thank you.

Kris