Training in Florida

Field-dressed

I'm headed down to Florida with my family for a couple weeks in March and am hoping to get in a pistol training course (you can only spend so much time being a tourist, doncha know ;)). I read the posts about Randy Cain, but unfortunately his class schedule doesn't jive with mine. Any of you have recommendations on other training courses? I'm especially interested in SW Florida, say, Fort Meyers to Naples. Thanks!

rblack

Field-dressed,

I live in Ft Myers and work in Naples and don't know of any training in this area. You might try calling Wayne Bergquist Custom Pistols in Naples. He builds some very fine 1911 guns in his shop and also has a shooting range. His phone number is 941-594-1573.

Mike Spight

There is one training facility I know of...it's in Frostproof, FL and is not very far from Sebring. Not much help if you're in the Ft. Myers area though.

From what I've been told and have read, its focus is on IPSC type shooting. It's owned and run by one Frank Garcia. I don't know anything about him personally, but understand he has a good reputation in IPSC circles.

Mike

branrot

I used to live in Naples. A buddy of mine does training classes. I used to shoot with him at a Tactical Shooting Night thing he did every monday night. Very knowledgeable. His name is Nick, and he can be reached at NickD1122@aol.com or 941-649-6499. I highly recommend him.

fubsy

Im dont have a number for the Don Johnson, but he owns a gunshop in Naples I believe.........and he should be able to help you with you question and possibly someone who lives in that area can give you a number......John Farnam use to be there from time to time, Id check and see what the schedule is......fubsy.