Trail Boss price?

What are you paying for Trail Boss?

I went to the gun store today and they had IMR Trail Boss on the shelves for $14 a bottle.

I grabbed a bottle as that's the best price I've seen in awhile.

When the girl rang up the sale, it rang up as $12.59 or something like that, with tax.

I bought two bottles.

A friend was at a major dealer in Virginia last weekend and the price that guy had was $19 a bottle!

gary2905

Mike,

I too live in the N. Va. area, you want to share the name of the shop?;)
I'll even take a PM and be grateful esp. if the prices are still in effect.

That $19 /bottle seems to be the norm from what I have seen around here.

Seriously thinking about draining the budget and making up a BIG order from Powder Valley and ordering enough powder and primer to hold me for the next few years.

Thanks,

Gary

mtnbkr

At $13/9oz, it's roughly $23/lb. That's high, but not insanely so. Bullseye, Unique, etc are about $20/lb in this area.

I think I'm going to buy a couple cans just in case I end up liking it (haven't opened the first can yet). The can I bought a few months ago from the same place is priced at $12.36. Dang inflation...

Chris

Edward429451

At 23 dollars per LB / 12.50ish per 9 oz, it's the most expensive powder I buy. Half way through the first (short) can, I like it. Is TB available in bigger cans?

mtnbkr

MidwayUSA has it in 5lb cans for $85, but you have to pay another $30 in related fees. Judging by their price on the 9oz can, I'd wager you could buy the 5lb can locally for $100ish.

Chris

Jim Watson

Powder Valley has TB at $74.25 for 5 lb, plus $20 UPS ripoff, plus actual shipping.

I am going to place an order with Powder Valley this week but it will be for 16 lb powder and as many primers as will go in the box/weight limit so as to dilute that $20 a bit.