traditional looking red dot sight???

btmj

My wife is interested in a red-dot optic for her Marlin 336, but she does not want it to look out of place. She finds the look of a conventional scope to be acceptable, but a lot of red dot sights look very "tactical".

Any recommendations for a red dot sight that looks close to a conventional/traditional scope?

Pahoo

Not a problem !!!

but a lot of red dot sights look very "tactical".
I suppose to some and then to others, not. Most RedDots have no magnification. She likes the look of a scope and most of them do have magnification. .... :confused:

How about a scope with low magnification and illuminated redicles in Red, Green and even Blue? .... :)

Be Safe !!!

NWPilgrim

For the lever action you consider the micro red dots from Aimpoint. I think Leupold, Vortex, Primary Arms, and others also make some form of Micro red dots sights. Millet, and I think Nikon, Bushnell and others make a 20mm red dot that looks like an ultra compact scope. The Aimpoint PRO looks less tactical in std ring mount but may be a bit large for a slab side.

NoSecondBest

Check out Turnbull's website and look at the mount he makes for lever action red dots using the Burris Fast Fire dot. He shows them on a gun and they really look pretty good. Not only do they look good, they work great. Nothing but good reviews on this set-up.

tahunua001

Barska is a cheap manufacturer of rifle scopes that seems quite fond illuminated reticules, you may give them a try. they are generally accepted as a cheap scope with high failure rates among heavy recoiling firearms like 30-06 and above but your wife's 30-30 would probably do ok with one. my family has never had a problem with them but then again we've never mounted them on anything better than a 22.

for red dots would something like this be traditional enough or are you looking for something like a full sized variable zoom type scope?

Last edited: