Traded My Sigma

CopeLC

Although I shot my Sigma well, I just couldn't get past the fact that it was half plastic, didn't have a manual safety, had a wide grip that printed, was DAO, had a long reset, and basically NOT a 1911A1. To me, plastic is not fantastic.

I traded it in for a SA USGI.

IMAG0015.jpg

I shot it pretty well. This group measured 1 11/16" @ 15 yds offhand using isocles.
IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

Now I have two babies.
IMAG0014.jpg

But I had to trade out the grips for the ones that originally came with my Kimber. I don't know what the US stamp is all about.
IMAG0020.jpg

It shot well, no failures of any kind. It digested everything I ran through it w/o any heartburn or hiccups. The trigger broke at 6.4 lbs w/o much creep. I couldn't believe how this inexpensive 1911 could perform like this. I'm sold on Springfield. My next buy is going to be a Loaded Champion.

CopeLC

Don't laugh, but I took my USGI out to the range and shot it at 100yds yesterday. I was really impressed with my "human error" filled, crappy groups. The blue group is 9 7/8 and the red group is 11 1/2 inches.

IMAG0017.jpg

It was hard to find my point of aim at that distance. I had to put the front sight post at the very top of the target to hit anywhere near center mass at that distance.

litman252

I don't care what ammo. thats damn fine shooting.
So much for bragging for the 3" groups at 21 FEET last night. :rolleyes:
I don't think that amount of drop is drastic for the gun/ammo combo.
Tony

CopeLC

TY, Tony. I might take my Kimber out and shoot at the same distance and see how it fares. My local indoor range just got a ransom rest and I want to lock both the Kimber and the Springfield down and see how they compare. The range master put his Les Baer in and was shooting groups you could cover up, and still have wiggle room, with an Eisenhower dollar. Neither of mine would do that well, but I'm anxious to see.