Traded A G17 for a BHP

Mercenary

I had two Gen3 Glock 17's.

Well today, my father-in-law was enamored with the high capacity of the G17, especially the 33 round magazine that I had for it.

We traded even for his Belgian model Browning Hi-Power that he has had for the last 25-30 years. Finish in in great shape. but n o original box. It has Pachmayr grips installed (also came with wood grips), one 13 round factory magazine, and one 15 round Mec-Gar magazine.

Overall, how did I do in the trade? Should there be anything I need to check for excessive wear in the BHP?

P.S. I still have a G17 :)

WVsig

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!

Get yourself a 18.5 Wolf spring and you will be good to go. Is the mag disconnect intact? If it is I would remove it. It will clean up the trigger. Keep the parts so you can put is back to factory if ever needed.

Check the locking lugs but you should be fine. Clean it up and shoot it.

jonnyc

You got his daughter AND his BHP???
You should be ashamed of yourself, taking advantage of an old man like that.

Deaf Smith

How.. just how could you treat your father-in-law so shabby?

I have Glocks and a HP, and while I do really like the HP, I pack the Glocks.

Deaf

Sgt Pepper

Major score. If you saw my BHP, which runs flawlessly and is accurate as hell but has a lot, and i mean a lot, of usage wear, the thought of your BHP having "excessive wear" would literally never enter your mind again. Seriously, with the BHP: load, fire, enjoy, repeat. Like any other pistol, replace recoil spring as necessary.

As a side note, because I am one of those fat handed people who get hammer bitten by BHPs, I replaced my hammer and sear with a Cylinder and Slide chamfered Type II hammer kit, and no more hammer bite.

leadcounsel

If you want a better trigger on the BHP, a simple fix is to remove the mag disconnector safety.

I've owned an HP, and wanted to like it but was less than thrilled.

Of the two, the more $ value is in the HP, but the better gun IMO for practical use is the Glock.

Pico

Ya done good

For a minute I thought you traded both Glocks. But only one .....

What a DEAL !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

Pico

Pilot

Excellent. You will enjoy the BHP, and with flush fit Mec-Gar 15 round mags, you are not giving up much on capacity.

highpower3006

Like Sgt Pepper, my BHP has lots of carry wear. I have a G17 also, but if the right deal came along, I would trade it away. That will never happen with the Browning.

IMG_2621-XL.jpg

Ibmikey

If he has another daughter and HP and offers them to you.....accept you can always sell/trade the old wife for ammo. :)