Trade value of Colt 1991A1

Dr. Dave

I like my new CZ75B so much I'm thinking of trading my 1991A1 for a second one with the decocker, possibly with the nickel/chrome finish.

The 1991A1 has some bluing wear on the slide, and is the base model. I added pachmayrs. I've put maybe 500 rounds through it.

What kind of trade value should I try to get?

Thanks

ArmySon

Staff Alumnus
If you take it to a gun shop for the trade, you'll only get around $275-350. You'll do better via private trades.

Prof

Like ArmySon said, don't trade it in on your new CZ. Sell it through the board here or on GunsAmerica. You'll get more.

Gino

A friend of mine is trying to sell his 1991A1. It sounds like it's in comparable condition. He wants to get $450 for it. Down here in South Florida, a NIB 1991A1 is going for $575 and up.

Meiji_man

I just traded mine out a few months ago. At the gun show I went to before that I found 2 of them for sale at $500 and $575. I traded mine for a Compact and some store credit. So I could't tell you how much you'll get in trade there though.

PT-Partners

Dr. Dave.

Son is right on.

As a retailer the price of your gun to me in trade depending on condition and what you have with it. Box, Book, Papers, etc depends on the price to trade as I have to go through the sale process. (best price game) Not to mention my working capital is often tied up in the trade gun.

Another place to post your gun for sale is on the 1911forum.

Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

David Blinder

Rule of thumb for used but in good to excellent condition is 70% of retail price. I bought a 1991 last week with zero wear and no scratches for $400.00.

joebogey

If you decide you want to sell it let me know. I may be interested.You can email me at rsetters@mis.net

Daryl Waldron

Gino's friends gun sold today for $450. I had it on consignment at a local gun dealer. There is a 3 day waiting period so I hope the guy does not change is mind. :)

------------------
TOUJOURS PRET
Swamprat

[This message has been edited by Swamprat (edited November 06, 2000).]