trade SP101 for LC9 yes/no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoytinak

Played with a LC9 at the LGS shop today and really liked it. I carry a LCP almost daily and really like it, would have gotten an LC9 earlier but didn't like the manual safety. However, after playing with it today, I think I could get by just without using the safety.

The thing is, is the SP101 is my ONLY revolver but then again, I barely shoot/carry it as I'm not much of a revolver guy and I know I would get alot more use out of the LC9.

I can't afford to just buy the LC9 and the SP101 is the only one I've got that don't fit a certain role for me. The shop said that they'd trade me straight across SP101 for LC9....I told them I'd sleep on it.

So.....should I just keep the SP101 since it's my only revolver or get the LC9 that I'd actually carry? :eek::confused::)

Kreyzhorse

A used SP101 for a brand new LC9? That seems like you are getting a decent deal. With that said, I wouldn't trade my SP for the LC9 but then again, I'm still a revolver fan.

I say if you don't shoot the SP go ahead and make the trade.

Sparks1957

Get the gun you will actually use

Not sure I would do that as an even trade myself, but there is something to be said for owning the gun you will actually use as opposed to one you won't.

chanroc

The SP101 will be way more reliable than the LC9, but that won't do you any good if you're not carrying it. That said, I would keep the revolver and practice. Regardless, you need to do what you think is best for you.

I carry my LCP daily and love it as my backup gun. I sold my LC9. The mag disconnect safety finally did it for me. That being said, if you appreciate and want the LC9 safeties, you might as well get the gun you want.

edfrompa

Nope, I would not do it either. Sp101 is built like a tank. Price out an SP101 used in good condition. It will be more than three hundered dollars. Price out a used LC9 in used condition. I sold a brand new LC9 never fired and the most I could get for it was $220.00. Forget the trade. Sell the SP101 outright and you will have cash in your pocket after you buy the LC9. Then in about a month you can go back and buy the SP101 for around $575.00. I would not do it....

edfrompa

Oh buy the way I carry the LC9 everyday. I am not knocking the LC9. I just get tired of losing money. Yes I had two LC9. The SP101 is like driving a Cadillac. The LC9 is like driving a Corolla.Both good cars but they are both in a different class.

KevK.

The only reason they would make that an even trade is because they are coming out way ahead in the deal. If you really want to make the trade get them to throw something else in with it. Holster, and extra mags.

Otherwise I wouldn't trade the SP in. Used it is worth more than LC9 is new. You might even be able to do better on the price on the LC9 by looking for one online at another local dealer.

If it were me. I'd keep the SP, and save up the money for the LC9.

Nanuk

I am with Kevin, keep the SP and save for the LCR. You will regret the trade, and the SP is worth more, and holds its value better.

The SP is like a Harley, its big, heavy, dated technology buy everyone wants one.......

Status
Not open for further replies.