Trade Python for Anaconda

slow944

I've got the itch for a .44 Mag again, (traded the last one I had), I've got a Colt Python '81 Blue that is probably 95% I'm thinking of tradeing to a guy who has a Colt Anaconda SS, both are 6"bbls. I don't have the box for the Python, he does for the Anaconda. What do you guys and gals think? Am I crazy or is this an Ok trade.

Don P

IMO

keep the Python and get yourself another 44. Pythons are bringing better money than the big snakes.:cool:

slow944

Ya Know the more I think about it, the more I want to keep. It's my favorite and I'll prolly never be able to afford another in as good a shape as this one is.;)

22-rimfire

I would keep the Python also but not for the reasons you think. The proposed trade is equatable. A 95% gun is not a big collector piece. There is no shortage of Colt Pythons around if you have the money to buy one. Keep it because it is a fine shooter and just start looking for an Anaconda seperately. I looked at an as-new Anaconda two weeks ago for $800. I passed but not because I don't want one. I didn't have the money! I bought two revolvers that day; both Smiths. I been looking for a nice Model 17 for a while now that is not outrageously priced. Every show, the price seems to be going up on them. So, I found one and I bought it along with a Model 19.

Majic

Value will be about the same so the biggest question is whether you prefer to shoot the .357 mag cartridge or the .44 mag cartridge.

warwagon

I would keep the Python, and look into a Redhawk, or something of that ilk if the .44 bug bit.

There are a lot of decent .44s out there that aren't nearly as pricy as the Pythons are,and even though I am a Smith man by and large, the Python is a sweet gun, and worth hanging on to.

BikerRN

I would keep the Python and get something else in 44 Mag.

There are many reasons, least of them not being the value. To own a Python is a special thing, makes me wish I still had mine. I can almost guarantee that once you trade or sell your Python you will regret it.

Biker

jetman

I've got both Python and an Anaconda. I'd suggest keeping the Python too and finding a good deal on an Anaconda myself. I've seen them in the $750-$800 range in LNIB condition and my Anaconda is an excellent shooter. They aren't particularly rare but they sure aren't going to be making any more. I'd get one while you can.

RsqVet

Keep the python, there are many more Anacondas out there and the price on them has not had the apreciation that they python has and will likely continue to have for some time.

Plus honeslty the Python is a heck os a gun, the Anaconda is an OK 44 but not something that gets me real excited, and more than a 29 / 229 pre-lock or a tuned redhawk.

KFDiesel

I've never shot an Anocaonda but I know I would miss my python dearly. Hopefully it doesnt boil down to owning one or the other and you can hang on to her. You can always save up and just wait a bit. You can never have too many guns.

slow944

After much thought on this I decided I really didn't want to give up the Python. As it happened I went to my LGS and found a SRH 454 casull for under $500. So I traded one of my other 357's and some cash for the SRH. Was not to happy with the price of ammo for it as the only thing the LGS had was some Cor-Bon for nearly $50. for 20. So I maybe shooting 45's out of it for the time being until I can get the reloading die's for it. Thanks for all the replys and support for the Python, I too think it's one of the greatest guns ever made.

MADISON

Trade Python for Anaconda?

I have owned one of the 60-70 version Pythons. It was the cream of all the handguns. In the 80's I heard that Colt's quality had dropped so that you had to pay a gunsmith $50 for a trigger job. When the .44 Magnum Anaconda first came out they had big problems with it. Oh, Well......