trade or no trade?

SD_Chop

Ok here is the deal....

im not new to firearms or anything like that but i know there are some smart heads running around and would like some 2 cents. I have a HK USP 40cal with a hk tac light and 2 mags for it. My bro has a glock 27 with 4 mags
(2 of them are + 1's) one kydex holster, 1 in the belt line holster and one ankle holster. I was thinking about trading straight up. I bought the usp for 575 like new (very low round count) and love the gun. My bro is the org ower of his 27 and i live with him so i know all its history, and i was thinking a straight trade everything for everything. Here is why.... I am a police officer and carry a 23 as a duty weapon. We can carry the 22 23 and 27 at anytime, so why buy a brand new 27 and start buying the acc. for when i can trade staight up? Since i can carry it off duty it would serve its purpose for the trade i believe. I cant carry that big usp all the time. I carry my 23 everywehre now but might aswell go smaller and i like that 27. what you guys think?

evan1293

I cant carry that big usp all the time

Trading this for basically any suitable sidearm that you would carry all the time is definetly worth it. Plus, Im a big believer in training consistency and having all your carry guns of basically the same type is a big advantage in my opinion. Carrying an HK at some points and a glock 22 on duty is not the best idea since these two are quite different in many respects.