TP9 Elite SC or G26

PatientWolf

I’m thinking about picking up a subcompact and am looking at the Canik TP9 Elite SC or the Glock G26.

Who has experience with BOTH and can provide some input?

Dan-O

I have a 26, but that canik sure has a bunch of bells n whistles. The trigger on the canik is sweeter.

I think the canik is about $200 cheaper too isn’t it?

PatientWolf

Probably the difference is closer to $125-$150.

Glock has an advantage with respect to magazine availability and options for using G19 and G27 mags.

Canik is supposed to have a great trigger and is pretty (NOT the most important factor to me).

I am wondering if felt recoil, accuracy and reliability are any different.

PatientWolf

Thank you for pointing out the width. I've handled both now and passed on good deals on each and headed a different direction, opting for a Canik TP9SFx with the plan to follow it up with a Sig P365 in the future. Don't know if I will opt for the regular, XL or SAS at that time. I do like the fact the regular and SAS are the same size as my PM9, but also like the proportions and straight trigger of the XL.

TunnelRat

I have an XL and a Glock 26. I’d choose the XL over the 26.

You could buy and install the flat trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wild cat mccane

If it helps you in the future, the TP9 series is a copy of Walther's PPQ and P99.

I like the Walthers much better and have owned lots of the Caniks and Walthers.

But yes. My P365 is a thing of magic. PM9 size, bunch more rounds. Better trigger. Almost PPQ level trigger.

PatientWolf

Thank you. Do you know if the mags are interchangeable with the P-99?

Nice to hear the feedback on the P3-65 as well. I actually like my PM9 trigger. Although it’s long, it is very smooth.

Last edited:

Bfglowkey

4 glocks, 4 TP9 variants...love them all but I do find myself shooting the Caniks more and Carry my TP9 Elite SC more often then anything else. The G19 gen 3 is a close 2nd.

Shoot a Canik if you haven't and learn why it has such a cult following.

jman841

I was heavily looking at the TP9 Elite SC and other options in the sub-compact 9 for when I am dressed appropriately to carry one (I have an LCP 2 for daily florida carry).

I've decided to wait and test out the new Taurus G3c. I'm guessing street price will be $250-$280, the G2c has a great track record of reliability, it uses Glock style dove tail sights, so a huge amount of aftermarket support, etc. Although the Canik still has more features for a bit more money, It's def worth looking at the new G3c as an option as well.

gglass

We must all remember that no matter how good the Canik is, the answer is always Glock.

What is the best condiment for a hot dog? Glock!