Touch Up of SIG Aluminum Frame

DEC

I am wanting to touch up a spot on the aluminum frame of my SIG. Is Birchwood Casey's Aluminum Black any account for this? Any other suggestions? I am wanting something that wouldn't come off with cleaning solvents. TIA.

:confused: :)

Dfariswheel

About the best I've ever got with aluminum "black" is a kind of smokey blue-grey. Not a good match. Depending on the gloss and color, you might do as well or better with Rust-oleum oil based paint, or Brownell's bake-on gun finishes.

I've done a good job on small scratches, by filling the scratch with a small artist brush and the paint or Brownell's finish. Let dry or bake, and add more if necessay to fill the blemish up to the surface.

blades67

I have a couple of small blemishes on a couple of my SIG frames also. I just leave them alone. If you're carrying, or using, the gun it'll happen again as soon as you finish. If it is a collectable piece, leave it alone.

slickpuppy

How "black" aluminum black gets really depends on the alloy - or so I was told. I have used it on AR15 rifles and it was black as pitch. Very durable, too.

As for the Sig, I haven't had to use it on mine YET. ;)

alp-257

I had no luck with Birchwood Casey's Aluminum Black in my Sig!, so I let the small scratches in the frame.

Instead, it worked well in my Browning Buckmark and is very durable.

ALP