Totally Geekish Question - Dr. Who

Stressfire

Dunno, is it even a "real" weapon would be my question.

Sci fi shows that still feature kinetic-projectile firing weapons usually cobble a bunch of parts from different ones together. Example: Vera and any number of weapons from the same series

Best guess - Old Marlin pump rifle with a chopped barrel, a "magazine" stuck on the bottom, and a scope added. Doesn't stay on screen long so that's the best I got

Creeper

If it's a real, detachable magazine, pump action 12 ga... it might be a Valtro, Bernardelli B4, or Dominion Arms Grizzly MAG 12.
More than likely though, it's some sort of pump gun with a gun prop box magazine grafted on. :p

egor20

Glenn E. Meyer

There is a trailer for the new season of Dr. Who. In the middle a guy racks a pump action something. Anybody know what that is?

I asked my wife who grew up in England (and with the show) if it might be an esoteric gun from the earlier series.

Her comment;
" What the (bleep) is that thing"

So, I guess not. :D:D:D

Remington 7615, maybe?

drwho71.png

It appears to have a detachable magazine.

drwho72.png

Also, holy cow! Dinosaurs on a space ship! I still need to finish season 6...

Avenger

Those scopes, fins, and other little stuck on bits are referred to as "greebles". They started off as a way to add visual interest to spaceship models in movies, all those little bits make the model look larger than it really is. The technique made its way to weapons and other devices as budgets and production standards increased.

WeedWacker

I don't see any action bar... or whatever you call the part that actuates the bolt. If the image wasn't so blurry I'm torn between an old browning receiver or a Remington. Remington based on the trigger guard but the receiver looks too long and might be flat the entire length of the top but that could be the rail.

If you look at those two pictures, and look at the magazine in relation to the ejection cut, the front frame, and the pump, it's pretty obvious that it is nothing more than a prop gun.

If you look at those two pictures, and look at the magazine in relation to the ejection cut, the front frame, and the pump, it's pretty obvious that it is nothing more than a prop gun.
Meh. Spoil-sport. :rolleyes:

Flopsweat

Dinosaurs on a space ship? Meh, just a rip-off of snakes on a plane. ;)

Mike is right - the magwell is in the wrong place.