torn between...

Pezo

A new Dan wesson stainless 10mm 1911 of such or a ruger alaskan .454/45lc. do to funds I cant have both at the same time. I do not presently own a semi auto pistol nor a large bore revo. What first?

Majic

A decision only you can make. What do you want, a semi-auto or a revolver? What use do you have planned for it?

Pezo

purley for ****z and giggles. I collect and target shoot. for amusement purposes I'd suppose. :)

Topthis

I am suprised that Bullrock has not responded to this one...I am pretty sure he has both. My response would be, what are you buying the gun for and have you gone to a range to shoot either? In either case, I would highly suggest that you fire a few hundred rounds through each and then decide, they are both quality firearms and I do not think that you would go wrong with either of them. Watch those ammo prices too!!

S&W Junkie

If you are new to big-bore revolvers, maybe you should skip the Alaskan and get the standard SRH in 454. A short barrelled 454 Casull like the Alaskan might not be a lot of fun to shoot.