Torn between two Gems...

kylen

Okay so I thought for sure that I wanted the SIG-Sauer P220 Equinox Carry. And I still think I do. But I am also looking at the HK45c. Which should I get? Or rather which should I get first? Thanks for any and all helpful info and feedback.

IMTHDUKE

You have good taste...I don't have either, but would take either or both.

My Sig 220 is this one......

P220DAK-1.jpg

kylen

Also hoping to hear from the HK45c owners for some feedback. Would be great to hear from someone that has them both. Thanks.

45Gunner

While the Sig is definitely a fine gun, I much prefer the H & K. I own four different models of the H &K and have fired thousands of rounds through each and have not had one failure or malfunction of any kind. A bunch of years back I was employed by a Federal Agency that switched from Sig to H & K. The gun was issued at the training facility and we shot not less than 5000 rounds before we were allowed to field strip and clean/oil the gun. No one in my class to my knowledge had any type of failure or malfunction. I was so impressed that I took advantage of the offer from H & K and bought my own model of the duty weapon. The USP Compact models are, in my opinion, the finest guns that one can buy for duty or personal protection.

kylen

Okay. So I have decided. My next purchase will definitely be a SIG-Sauer P220. Not an HK45. BUT.... I don't know now if I want the Equinox or the Platinum Elite!

rigby06

hard choice

I have both a H&K USP Compact in 45; and I have 2 Sig P220; all are great guns, I have upgraded my H&K to have night sights, now both the H&K and one of the Sig 220's now have night sights. All of the weapons shoot great, I have hundreds of rounds through each. No issues of failure to feed or failure to eject with any of them. One of my Sigs has the 7 round magazines, and the other has the 8 round magazines. The USP compact has the 8 round magazines as well. The 7 and 8 round magazines work in each Sig :). All of the weapons fit my hand and feel real good. Very tough choice.

If price is the same you can always try flipping a coin, I know it sounds childish, but I have done that on more than one occasion, when faced with two items that I really liked, price was the same and could not decide which one I wanted, I would flip a coin, assign one item to heads and the other item to tail, and let fate decide. :D

warpig602

Id just get a standard Elite...maybe an all stainless one. IF you are definitely set on one of the 2 you have chose......Equinox....although I dont think I have ever seen an Equinox Elite. The Platinums guns do absolutely noting for me, its all personal preference. Just choosing a Sig shows you have good taste.

sailskidrive

hmmm....

For full size I would go SIG and for compact the Hk. Both are great guns and I have several of both. I've noticed the Hk's are a little less picky about ammo and dirt, but I really like the feel of an all metal SIG. Accuracy wise, I think they are about the same unless you get into the Hk Experts and Elites which are beyond ridiculous. If I could only own one handgun it would probably be the SIG P226 in 9mm. Decent capacity, all metal, accurate and common enough that parts and mags are readily available. Locating mags for my Hk's is like trying to find a 1909 Brass Candle Stick phone at a flea market.

:)