Tom Knapp passes away

Fishing_Cabin

Its unfortunate to hear... I enjoyed watching him as well, and will miss his impact on the firearms community. He seemed to be a great gentleman.

May he rest in peace.

ejb69

I saw him shoot a few times a the Cabela's Outdoor Show. He was very entertaining. He will be missed.

bbqbob51

He was the perfect shooting sports ambassador

:(With all the negativity out there when it comes to shooting enthusiasts, we really need more like him representing us. I never saw him in person but saw him on the History Channel and have watched his DVDs. He was so entertaining, RIP and enjoy the shooting range in the sky.

CurlyQ.Howard

Having informed my brother of Tom Knapp's death, I just got this return email, "A real gentleman, and a heckuva showman. I'll always remember his asking Brett and Cal to "assist" with the finale of his demonstration @ the RGS 2009 National event." And I'll bet that there are many, many others with stories like this as that's the kind of man Tom Knapp was.

Spats McGee

Administrator
I only saw Tom a few times on shooting shows, but he always struck me as very good-natured and a good sport. Those are very important qualities in a man.

RIP, Tom Knapp.

Wreck-n-Crew

Every time i saw a show of Tom's I couldn't help Think how deadly he would be as an old west lawman. The next thought was he was just enjoying life and put that thought to rest...until the next show.

One of the best ever...RIP Mr gentle :(

jhenry

RIP Tom Knapp. I took my boys to go see him shoot last year, and after the show he stayed and met every single person who wanted to take a picture or shake his hand. Very much the gentleman. After that he took the time to answer some emails I sent when shopping for a youth model 20 gauge for one of my sons.

The show was the most impressive display of shooting skill I ever saw.

dawg23

I was told, but have no way of confirming, that Mr. Knapp had been battling lung cancer prior to his passing.

There's no disputing the fact that he was a gentleman, and an extraordinary showman.

bumnote

Sad to hear this. I've seen him on TV a few times, last weekend in fact, and he just comes across as the nicest guy...and a helluva good shot.
Condolences to his friends and his family. He'll be missed.

Derius_T

Most definitely one of the best in the business, and extremely polite and courteous too. Sad day. RIP Mr. Knapp.