Tokarov

Drachenstein

Decided to give it a try so I picked up a Romanian T33 from SOG. I spent twenty years with a 1911a1 as a side arm. My loves have been with the P08 and P38. With times such as they are, the price was right and the surplus ammo cheap and plentiful. I just put down my first 70 rounds,,,,,,,,,,,,:DI'm impressed. Trigger is a bit funky with quite a bit of play in it. It certainly isn't ergonomic, but german firearms have spoiled me. After getting use to the trigger it's accuracy is dead on. I was consistantly hitting tennis balls at 20-30 meters. Have to say it's loud too, the cat was traumitized, and the dogs still hiding in the laundry room.

jsmaye

The TT-33 is on my short list of C&Rs to get.

I used to think the 1911A1 was the final statement in pistols, until I got some experience with various European 9's. I still like the .45 caliber overall, but there is a place for 9x18 and 9x19.

Ricklin

9mm?

The Tok is 7.62 X 25. A great range round, yup my dogs hate it, I love it. Kinda a commie .357 mag.
In 9 X 18 I don't think one can do better than the CZ 82 plentiful and cheap, they are starting to thin out tho.

I like the CZ 52 for 7,62 X 25, but I've been thinkin bout one of those Toks, 7.62X25 is the pistol that thinks it's a rifle 1600 FPS + Make sure you have a good backstop, they are a penetrator.

jsmaye

I didn't mean to imply the TT-33 was a 9mm Mak. I was just responding to Drachenstein's statement that he spent 20 years with a 1911, but likes the '33. I never cared for 9's until I got into milsurps.

The 7.62 Tok in the vz.52 is quite a package , too - that's why my next pistol will be a TT-33.