To our California members

SIGSHR

IIRC there was an initiative to put the RKBA in the California State Constitution. What happened to it?

sholling

Well fancy running into you here.
2thumbs.gif

While it might be possible for a thousand volunteers to get enough signatures, the press is going to fight this tooth and nail. The anti-will get hours of free face time on TV to decry how a million babies will die every year if this passes and the press will repeat the bull it like it's gospel.

LarryH

I was involved in gathering signatures for that initiative. The problem was apathy on the part of gun owners.

(http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)

Most people talk a really great game, but when it comes time to hit the field, they head for the showers instead. People refused to sign the petitions because "I don't sign those things" "I don't want my name on any list" "It won't do any good". That's just the excuses i heard at gun shows.

The local NRA was no help. The CRPA was no help. We couldn't get enough volunteers to collect signatures. One of the largest gun stores in the area wouldn't let me leave petitions because "It might actually hurt our cause". One store owner "Didn't have time to mess with it".

But the biggest problem is the voters. We had a chance to put a real pro gun governor in office, but instead put that RINO Kennedynagger in office.

Sorry for the long rant, but you asked.

homefires

Do you blame them Larry? The way Californicated is getting it may come back to them in the corner of there life they don't want!

I gave up on California years ago! I lived in Arizona but it has become almost as bad in some sense. All of the people from California that can't handle the poop they started have moved to Arizona to start it all over. HELL we have some here in Deming N.M. Starting up in city Gov and are on the same path.

LarryH

Do i blame gun owners? Or voters? Yes.

The voters keep putting these fools back in office. I've asked Democrat gun owners "How can you vote fore someone that wants to, and is very willing to, deny you any of your constitutional rights?" "Well the Republicans don't care about the poor people. They only care about big business".

Most hunters are just as bad (yes i do hunt). "Assault rifle? I don't need no assault rifle to hunt deer. They should ban all those damn things".

It's enough to make a grown man cry.

rwilson452

Even if SCOTUS declares an individual right and bears strict scrutiny it will take years of court battles to bring CA around. We will know sometime this summer but I have a feeling it is going to go our way. No, I'm not a lawyer. I don't play one on TV and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. Just a gut feeling.

You may have noted they are only going to address the keeping of arms not the bearing of arms.

Blackwater OPS

Even if SCOTUS declares an individual right and bears strict scrutiny it will take years of court battles to bring CA around. We will know sometime this summer but I have a feeling it is going to go our way. No, I'm not a lawyer. I don't play one on TV and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. Just a gut feeling.

Of course it will, that's the way the system works. In fact, some poor guys/gals will have to sit in jail while each law goes through the appeal process. Still the only way it will happen here. Well, except for "the big one" hitting.
You may have noted they are only going to address the keeping of arms not the bearing of arms.

It's kinda a moot point if they declare it an individual right, I doubt see how keeping would get more protection than bearing.