To buy p229 or not to buy?

TCman

I have a friend selling a Sig p229 in 40 cal. He is a leo but this wasnt his carry gun. I havent seen what kind of shape this gun is in, so lets say it is ok and with 2 mags. He is asking 450 for it. How does this deal sound to you guys?

packa45

If it looks good I'd buy it. That's a fair price. I love my 226 Blackwater. It's just a sweet gun.......I hate the Nitron finish though. It's not just a mild hate either. I think one of these days I'll send it off to Robar for a Black Oxide finish or maybe NP3. Maybe you'll like it though. It's my only complaint with Sigs.

CortJestir

Sounds pretty fair to me if in good condition. I'm in the market for a p229 in .40 as well. My wife wants my 226 in 9mm - what a great excuse to get a new gun!

AZGlock13

Sounds real good to me if it is in good to great shape, especially if happens to come with night sights (extra bonus).

CortJestir or anybody else interested, if you are looking at getting a LNIB used (CPO) Sig P229 (TDA) in .40, Mark at Summit Gun Broker has them with 2 mags and night sights for $545. Sounds like a pretty good deal, except I heard a few scary things with Sig's latest CPOs they have been putting out in the last year or so (finish issues). I bought my LNIB P229 DAK .40 from Mark a few years ago. He is a great guy to deal with, just like the folks at CDNN and Bud's Gunshop. Here is the link:

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Sig_229_CPO.html

Tom2

The only sig I have kept is the rattly 239. I had a 229 but you will notice the slide is not as easy to grip to rack it as some other models of sig. And the 239 has a better DA pull by far. But the 229 was a tighter gun. Should be, it was new and the 239 was used.

SimpleIsGood229

$450.00 is a pretty good deal assuming it's in good condition.

By the way, the P229 is a very fine weapon. Just make sure it fits your hand, as some people can't get an ideal grip on it. The grip is bigger than the XD, for example.