To All Who Complain Of The Savage Trigger:

Andrew Wyatt

interesting. it's got a glock trigger safety on it. never thought i'd see the day.

might be worthwhile. have to wait and see.

fastang50

Glock Trigger, same thing I was thinking

What's wrong with the 'normal' trigger? It's average out of the box, but not that bad. I had mine smoothed up, zero creep, light and crisp. Seems as good as any other to me.

Gewehr98

Kinda reminds me of my Canjar single-set trigger.

The Canjar has a little trigger extension that protrudes forward from the main trigger - it's the "kicker" in single-set mode.

ks_shooter

No that's a good idea! I have a Sharp Shooter Supply trigger on mine that I am happy with, but I like the added safety on this one. Looks like it will have minimal impact on trigger feel while preventing accidental discharges in the case of a jarring impact to the rifle. I have never cared for "trigger block only" safeties on most modern bolt actions, preferring firing pin safeties like those on the old Mausers. This one is almost as good (by blocking the sear) and is automatic to boot.

Gewehr98

The way I read Savage's description...

The trigger can be set to as light as mechanically possible, without fear of accidental discharge. Remember the old trigger pull test, where you set the trigger to as light as you'd like, only to find that when the gun was smacked on the buttplate with an empty chamber, it would release the striker? They may very well have something here!;)

Sisco

When I first got my 111 I thought about swapping triggers for an aftermarket but adjusted it first. Got it down to around 3lbs, couldn't be happier but that does look interesting.
Wonder if it will retrofit to existing 110 series rifles?

boing

:cool:

"...on all Varmint, LE, and heavy barrel long range rifles beginning in January, 2003."

So much for that AR upper I was looking at. If the 12BVSS is going to come with a decent adjustable factory trigger, I'm in.

I hope no "hidden problems" come up with design/production.

orlando5

I think a lot of people will be more turn off by this trigger then the one it will be replacing. Something just don’t seem right when you put a Glock trigger safety onto a rifle…

Nannuk

One of the first things that I thought of when I saw this new trigger was that it would encourage shooters to SQUEEZE every shot off. Does that fit in with the way that the glock trigger fires?

Nannuk