Titanium Walther P99???

karstho

I have seen it, and it is real... I think I heard or read somewhere that this may be replacing the P99 QPQ version, but I am not positive....

As far as advantages.... Probably more personal preferance than anything.. I prefer the O.D. green with tennifer coating myself.
:D

Last edited:

Marko Kloos

I just bought one of the P99 "Titanium" models in .40S&W. The titanium-coated slide looks like matte nickel finish. The titanium coating is supposed to enhance the durability of the finish, but I obviously haven't had a chance to test its longevity.

The gun has a nice look to it. The finish is a very understated matte silver, not quite as shiny as the stainless finish on the HK USP Compacts for example. I like it just because the dirt is easier to see and clean. NIB price was $550-ish...looks like the P99 series has come down in price to more appropriate levels, a major reason why I bought this one.

Spare magazines are $30 a pop, which is quite a bargain these days compared to what Beretta and HK post-bans cost. The ergonomics of the P99 are unbeatable, AFAIK, and the replaceable backstraps are just icing on the cake.

C.R.Sam

Had a Walther match rifle with titanium nitride coated bolt. Very hard surface finish. Was kinda gold color.

Sam

croyance

Titanium alloys are very durable, and very corrosion resistant. Are they any better than teflon treatments like Tennifer? I have no clue, but it sounds high tech, which should be good for more sales.